- Telephone: 9225 6678
- Fax: 9225 8485
- Chambers: Level 8, Room 8, Douglas Menzies Chambers
- Admitted to Practice: 06 November 2002
- Signed Victorian Bar Roll: 03 May 2012
Aimee Kinda is a commercial barrister at the Victorian Bar. A significant part of her practice is in bankruptcy and corporate insolvency, as well as other matters arising under the Corporations Act 2001. Aimee also accepts briefs in other areas of law, including Probate/TFM and Government/Administrative law.
Before coming to the Bar, Aimee was a solicitor with ASIC for over four years. As part of her role she provided legal advice to ASIC, conducted compulsory examinations, conducted Supreme and Federal Court litigation and was involved in AAT proceedings reviewing ASIC’s decisions.
Aimee was also Associate to Justice Mandie in the Supreme Court of Victoria for three years (2004-2007) while his Honour managed the Corporations List and later the Victorian Taxation Appeals List, hearing matters in the Commercial and Equity Division.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS, PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Author of Chapter 3.4 "Bankruptcy and other proceedings under the Bankruptcy Act - acting for the non-business debtor" in Springvale Legal Service's Lawyers Practice Manual Victoria, published by Thomson Reuters (from 2013)
- Regular presenter of recent bankruptcy cases (Victorian Bankruptcy Discussion Group, from 2012)
- Presenter of various CPD and Foundation seminars at Leo Cussen Institute, including Enforcement, Debt Recovery, Civil Litigation, Lawyers’ Skills, Commercial and Corporate Practice (from 2012)
- Enforceable Undertakings - an overview (Greens List Breakfast Briefings, 18 October 2012) - paper available here
- Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (LIV Ballarat & District Law Association Conference, 31 August 2012)
- Replacement of Associations Incorporation Act 1981 by Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 (Eastern Suburbs Legal Association, 19 February 2013)
- Reporter for the Victorian Reports (from 2013)
For a selection of Aimee’s recent cases, see her VicBar Profile.