- Telephone: 9225 6282
- Mobile: 0400 857 035
- Fax: 9225 8485
- Chambers: 2nd Floor | Joan Rosanove Chambers | 550 Lonsdale Street | Melbourne VIC 3000
- Admitted to Practice: 26 April 2006
- Signed Victorian Bar Roll: 03 May 2012
- Also admitted in: Federal Court of Australia, High Court of Australia
Fiona practises in administrative, commercial and personal injuries law.
Some recent matters and appearances include:
- administrative law appeals including Repatriation Commission v Richmond  FCAFC 124 (led by Peter Gray QC), Richmond v Repatriation Commission  FCA 272 and Ellis v Repatriation Commission  FCA 847;
- Winky Pop Pty Ltd v Mobil Refining Australia Pty Ltd VSC (contaminated land claim, led by Peter Riordan QC with Penny Neskovcin) (reserved);
- Kudleck v Victoria University (Human Rights)  VCAT 1971 (privacy);
- Bare v Small  VSCA 204 (led by Jason Pizer QC with Emrys Nekvapil) and the subsequent appeal (concerning the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities among other issues) (reserved);
- Giles v Jeffrey & Curnow  VSCA 267(defamation appeal, led by Anthony Southall QC);
- Gruma Oceania Pty Ltd v Bakar  VSCA 252 (administrative law appeal, led by Michael Fleming QC);
- Minister for Immigration and Citizenship v Kaur FCAFC (statutory construction, led by Peter Gray QC) (resolved prior to hearing);
- Supreme Court judicial review and trusts proceedings;
- common law actions in tort and contract;
- serious injury applications and jury trials; and
- a coronial inquest into a police shooting (led by Jane Dixon QC).
Immediately before coming to the Bar, Fiona worked on a wide range of commercial matters as a senior associate at Blake Dawson (now Ashurst) including class actions, contractual and tortious disputes, judicial review and merits review matters and coronial inquests.
Fiona was the recipient of a Melbourne National Scholarship and graduated with first class honours in law from the University of Melbourne. She also has a Bachelor Degree in Science and a Diploma of Modern Languages (French) from the University of Melbourne. Her academic awards include the Wright Prize, an acknowledgement of outstanding achievement in Constitutional and Administrative Law, the Dean’s Prize in Bachelor of Science and the Archbishop’s Scholarship for Academic Excellence at Newman College.
Her recent presentations have included “Police Powers: Transparency and Accountability” (September 2014), “Statutory Interpretation, Human Rights and Administrative Law” (2013, with Mark Moshinsky SC) and “Proportionate Liability in Commercial Litigation” (2012, with Matthew Kennedy).
Fiona is the author of LexisNexis Practical Guidance “General Procedures and the Civil Procedure Act” (Personal Injury Victoria Module) and a reporter for the Victorian Reports.