- Telephone: 9225 7222
- Mobile: 0439 659 438
- Fax: 9225 8485
- Chambers: Level 8, Room 1, Owen Dixon Chambers West
- Admitted to Practice: 18 March 2014
- Signed Victorian Bar Roll: 23 October 2014
Jessica has a broad practice, with a focus on common law matters, including medical liability, coronial inquests, professional disciplinary matters and criminal law.
Jessica worked as a registered nurse for five years prior to joining the legal profession. During her time as a registered nurse, Jessica gained experience in a variety of areas including anaesthetics, post anaesthetic care, IVF clinics, neonatal special care and emergency nursing.
Since coming to the Bar, Jessica has been briefed in medical negligence matters as well as:
- Serious injury applications in the County Court
- Coronial matters
- Statutory benefits claims in the Magistrates’ Court
- Medical panel referrals
- Pleas and bail applications
- Contested civil and guardianship hearings at VCAT
- Contested intervention order proceedings
- Civil hearings in the Magistrates’ Court
- Mediations and pre-hearing conferences
- Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal (VOCAT)
Prior to coming to the Bar, Jessica was a litigation solicitor at a boutique CBD firm where she appeared in a wide range of commercial and insolvency matters in the Supreme Court, Federal Court and Magistrates’ Court.
Jessica is a sub-editor of the Negligence chapter in the upcoming edition of Thomson-Reuters’ The Laws of Australia.
Jessica has a Bachelor of Nursing and a Bachelor of Laws (Hons). During her final year of university, Jessica wrote an Honours Thesis in the area of wrongful birth. Jessica read with Fiona Ellis and her senior mentor is Ross Gillies QC.