The recent boom in construction of residential apartments in Melbourne has resulted in a rise in claims for defective building works. Where these defects arise from water penetration into apartments, the challenge is to determine who to claim against, what cause of action to use and what relief should be sought. The law associated with these claims is complex and unclear.
This seminar will discuss answers to questions such as:
* When water is leaking into my kitchen, is it coming from the common property or the apartment above?
* Where is my property boundary?
* Who is responsible for fixing the leak?
* How can I stop the water flow now?
* Who will pay for the damage later?