Owies v JJ Nominees Pty Ltd  VSCA 142
CPD Seminar - 11 August 2022
On 20 July the Victorian Court of Appeal handed down a further decision on many of the pressing issues that relate to the conduct and management of family trusts. The purpose of this seminar is to consider that decision in detail and its implications for practitioners.
Issues considered in this seminar include:
* The obligation of trustees to give real and genuine consideration to the position of beneficiaries.
* Implications of the failure to give real and genuine consideration
* The need to give reasons and the criteria that guide the exercise of discretion
* The Court’s discretion to remove the trustee
* Challenging distributions made in earlier years