This contract has a mistake in it - will a court fix it?
CPD Seminar - 29 May 2019
Event Pass Information
Nicholas Gallina is a barrister and qualified engineer who specialises in building and construction law.
In this CPD, chaired by the Honourable Judge Cosgrave, Nicholas will present on the rectification of construction contracts, including:
* whether errors in instruments alone are sufficient to establish successful rectification claims;
* evidence that courts will regard favourably and unfavourably;
* the use of draft contracts exchanged during negotiations;
* the recent New South Wales Court of Appeal decision in Seymour Whyte Constructions Pty Ltd v Ostwald Bros Pty Ltd (in liquidation)  NSWCA 11; and
* how you can help your clients successfully bring rectification proceedings.