Angus Galbraith practices in employment law/industrial relations and commercial litigation.
Angus accepts briefs to provide advice, draw documents and appear in matters involving:
- Employment/industrial issues including common law/contractual claims, unfair dismissal, unlawful termination, general protection claims, breaches of legislative and industrial instrument obligations, industrial action, coercion, misrepresentation, enterprise bargaining, enforcement of restrictive covenants and restraint of trade clauses, licensing and disciplinary matters, discrimination, sexual harassment, and occupational health and safety;
- Commercial disputes concerning breach of contract, commercial documents and transactions, the provision of goods and services, trade practices, misleading and deceptive conduct, consumer protection, debt recovery, guarantees, insurance and negligence.
Angus frequently representents clients in alternative dispute resolution mechanisms including mediations and conciliations. He appears in matters interstate including in Queensland, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory and Tasmania.
Angus has been briefed in large-scale and high-profile matters in the Federal Courts of Australia involving prosecutions by the Fair Work Ombudsman, the Australian Building and Construction Commissioner and claims by trade unions on behalf of their members against corporate clients.
Angus is available for trial, interlocutory and advisory work in relation to all areas of his practice in all courts and tribunals.
Below is a list of selected matters in which Angus has been briefed and the party represented is underlined:
- ABCC v CFMMEU, Campanaro, Caratozzolo, Petrusic & Prolac Pty Ltd  FCA (ongoing)
- United Voice & Anor v Spotless Facility Services Pty Ltd  FCA (with Justin Bourke QC; ongoing)
- United Voice v Berkeley Challenge Pty Limited (No.2)  FCA 1189 (with Frank Parry QC; on appeal)
- United Voice v Berkeley Challenge Pty Limited  FCA 224 (with Frank Parry QC; on appeal)
- Fair Work Ombudsman v Blue Impression Pty Ltd & Ors (No.2)  FCCA 2797
- Crowe Horwath (Aust) Pty Ltd v Rodney Loone  VSC (S CI 2016 05157) (with Justin Bourke QC)
- Crowe Horwath (Aust) Pty Ltd v Richard Lawson  VSC 118
- Byrne v Spotless Facility Services Pty Ltd  QCAT 420
- Eva v Summit Innovations Pty Ltd  FWC 4095
- Australian Workers’ Union v Cleanevent Australia Pty Ltd  FCA 1477 (with Frank Parry QC)
- Campbell v Aero & Military Products Pty Ltd  FCCA 2310
- Annear v Spotless Facility Services Limited  FCCA 1335
- Scullin v Coffey Projects (Australia) Pty Ltd (No.2)  FCCA 1602
- Scullin v Coffey Projects (Australia) Pty Ltd  FCCA 1514
- Daly v Beonic Technologies Pty Ltd  FWC 2898
- Catton v De Grandi Cycle & Sport Pty Ltd  FWC 2361
- Skorsis v Printcess Pty Ltd  FWC 20
- Fair Work Ombudsman v Primeage Pty Ltd & Ors  FCCA 139
- Adidem Pty Ltd (The Body Shop Australia) v Cowdery  VSC 533
- Cowdery v Adidem Pty Ltd (The Body Shop Australia)  VSC 132
- Fair Work Ombudsman v Australia China Trading Investment Consultancy Group Pty Ltd & Anor  FCCA 407
- Smallwood v ERGO Asia Pty Ltd  FWC 964
- Brook v Parkville Youth Justice Centre  FWC 453
- CFMEU v International Cranes Pty Ltd & Ors  FCA
- Gael Marie Kerrigan & Shauna Anne Kerrigan (as executrices of the will and trustees of the estate of Terrence Kerrigan deceased) v Darryl Raymond Cooper & Ors (2013) VCC (Commercial List - General Division)
- Applicant v Respondent  FWC 1199
- The Enterprise Fund II Ltd v John Francis Brudenell & Ors (2013) VSC (Commercial and Equity Division)
- Fair Work Ombudsman v Symes & Anor  FMCA 38
- Global Contracting Pty Ltd v Australian Promotions Company Pty Ltd (T/as Precision Precast Concrete)  FCA
- Giuseppa Lopizzo v PrixCar Services Pty Ltd T/A PrixCar  FWA 8763
- Slavin v Horizon Holdings Pty Ltd  FWA 5588
- Leaman v The Salvation Army (Victoria) Property Trust  FMCA 1037