Angus Galbraith practices in employment/industrial matters and commercial litigation.
Angus accepts briefs to provide advice, draw documents and appear in matters involving:
- Employment/industrial issues including common law/contractual claims, unfair dismissal, unlawful termination, general protection claims, breaches of legislative and industrial instrument obligations, industrial action, enterprise bargaining, enforcement of restrictive covenants and restraint of trade clauses, licensing and disciplinary matters, discrimination, sexual harassment, and occupational health and safety.
- Commercial disputes concerning breach of contract, commercial documents and transactions, the provision of goods and services, misleading and deceptive conduct, consumer protection, debt recovery, guarantees, insurance, building and construction and negligence.
Angus regularly represents clients in alternative dispute resolution mechanisms including mediations and conciliations.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Angus worked as a solicitor in the ‘Litigation and Dispute Resolution’ and the ‘Workplace Relations and Employment Law’ groups in the Melbourne offices of a medium sized law firm. During this time he developed broad experience in the listed areas of practice including advising and representing medium and large corporations, individuals, religious and not-for-profit organisations.
Angus is available for trial, interlocutory and advisory work in relation to all areas of his current practice in all courts and tribunals. He is briefed and appears in matters interstate including in the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Queensland, Western Australia and Tasmania.
Below is a list of selected matters in which Angus has been briefed. The party represented is underlined.
- Byrne v Spotless Facility Services Pty Ltd  QCAT 420
- Eva v Summit Innovations Pty Ltd  FWC 4095
- Australian Workers’ Union v Cleanevent Australia Pty Ltd  FCA 1477 (with Frank Parry QC)
- Campbell v Aero & Military Products Pty Ltd  FCCA 2310
- Annear v Spotless Facility Services Limited  FCCA 1335
- Scullin v Coffey Projects (Australia) Pty Ltd (No.2)  FCCA 1602
- Scullin v Coffey Projects (Australia) Pty Ltd  FCCA 1514
- Daly v Beonic Technologies Pty Ltd  FWC 2898
- Catton v De Grandi Cycle & Sport Pty Ltd  FWC 2361
- Skorsis v Printcess Pty Ltd  FWC 20
- Fair Work Ombudsman v Primeage Pty Ltd & Ors  FCCA 139
- Adidem Pty Ltd v Cowdery  VSC 533
- Cowdery v Adidem Pty Ltd  VSC 132
- Fair Work Ombudsman v Australia China Trading Investment Consultancy Group Pty Ltd & Anor  FCCA 407
- Smallwood v ERGO Asia Pty Ltd  FWC 964
- Brook v Parkville Youth Justice Centre  FWC 453
- CFMEU v International Cranes Pty Ltd & Ors  FCA
- Gael Marie Kerrigan & Shauna Anne Kerrigan (as executrices of the will and trustees of the estate of Terrence Kerrigan deceased) v Darryl Raymond Cooper & Ors (2013) VCC (Commercial List - General Division)
- Carter Holt Harvey Woodproducts Australia Pty Limited v Mary Ann Callinan (2013) VCC (Commercial List - General Division)
- Applicant v Respondent  FWC 1199
- Tara Mather v Nilsen (VIC) Pty Ltd  FCA
- The Enterprise Fund II Ltd v John Francis Brudenell & Ors (2013) VSC (Commercial and Equity Division)
- Betty Constance Trewheela v Gerard Patrick Rowan (2013) VCC (Commercial List - General Division)
- Matthew Roberts v Executive Security Solutions Pty Ltd  FCCA
- Fair Work Ombudsman v Symes & Anor  FMCA 38
- Global Contracting Pty Ltd v Australian Promotions Company Pty Ltd (T/as Precision Precast Concrete)  FCA
- Giuseppa Lopizzo v PrixCar Services Pty Ltd T/A PrixCar  FWA 8763
- Tim Williams v The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Victoria)  FMCA
- Slavin v Horizon Holdings Pty Ltd  FWA 5588
- Suresh Bhalla v Hudson Bond Real Estate Pty Ltd & Paul Kounnas  FMCA
- Dina Edwards v Essential Retail Management Pty Ltd & Scott Minter  FCA
- Leaman v The Salvation Army (Victoria) Property Trust  FMCA 1037