Articles - Peter R Kempson and Co 1979 - 1982 General Litigation/Personal Injuries
Articles/Solicitor - Maurice Blackburn and Co 1982 - 1986 Compensation/Common Law
Solicitor - Lander and Rogers 1986 - 1988 Workers Compensation
Solicitor - Herbert Gear and Rundle 1988 - 1989 Workcare/Common Law
Master - Robin Gorton QC 1989
Australian Institute of Administrative Law
- Former member of the Victorian Bar Child Care Committee and representative of the Victorian Bar at the Melbourne City Council Childcare Forum Committee
Supreme Court Exhibition- Securities and Creditor Rights
- Supreme Court Exhibition - Evidence
Type of practice:
appearance work and advice/paper work in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal in the Commonwealth compensation area
appearance work in the Federal Court in relation to appeals from Commonwealth Administrative Appeals Tribunal decisions
appearing for the Commonwealth representing bodies such as Comcare, Australia Post, Department of Defence, Commonwealth Bank and other Commonwealth employers
- preparation of extensive written submissions both as to the facts of the case and the application of the relevant law to those facts.
In addition to my practice at the Bar in the field of personal injuries, I have also appeared in the -
- Human Rights Commission in Commonwealth sexual discrimination cases
- Magistrates' Court in all type of matters both civil and criminal
- interlocutory applications in the County and Supreme Courts.
Preference : Trial Advocacy, Appellate Advocacy
I have a particular interest in administrative law and the role of Tribunals in the review of functions of government.
To get in touch with Ann McMahon | or for more information please contact the Clerk on: +61 3 9225 7222 or email@example.com