Christie has a broad commercial practice with a focus on contract, corporate and trust disputes, insolvency and building and construction matters. She regularly appears in all jurisdictions in trials and appeals and has a thorough understanding of civil procedure and substantive law and a demonstrated ability for complex problem solving.
Christie is committed to providing strategic, commercially focused advice to her clients. Before coming to the Bar, Christie was an Associate at Corrs Chambers Westgarth where she acted for public companies, private companies and regulatory bodies in the County Court, Supreme Court, Federal Court and appellate courts. Christie has also represented clients in Royal Commissions and Parliamentary Inquiries.
In 2019, she won the Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Victoria’s ‘Young Gun’ Award.
Christie holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and a Bachelor of Business (International Trade). She has lectured in Dispute Resolution, Civil Procedure and Legal Ethics.
Some recent and ongoing matters in which Christie has appeared include:
- Lam v Lam; Lam v Nguyen  VSCA 173 – acting for applicant in proceedings involving allegations of fraudulent transfer of land and forgery (led by Noel Magee QC, with Andrew Tragardh)
- Australian Unicorn Agricultural Developments v Aufeng Investment Holdings & Ors (VCC) – proceedings involving allegations of misleading and deceptive conduct, unconscionable conduct and breach of director’s duties (unled)
- Director of Consumer Affairs Victoria v Daiso (Industries) Australia Pty Ltd (No 3)  FCA 1488 – acted for respondent in proceedings involving breaches of product safety standards under the consumer law (led by Andrew McClelland QC, with Travis Mitchell)
- Civifleet Resources (in liq) & Or v Civifleet & Or (VSC) – proceedings involving allegations of insolvent trading and breach of director’s duties (settled before trial) (unled)
- SYNC Building Systems (Vic) Pty Ltd v Infinity Constructions Group (VCC) - successfully obtained ex-parte injunction restraining defendant from calling on bank guarantee (unled)
- Marubeni Equipment Finance (Oceania) Pty Ltd v Harris (VCC) – successfully obtained ex-parte injunction for the plaintiff (unled)
- Marubeni Equipment Finance (Oceania) Pty Ltd v Harris  VCC 267 – acting for the plaintiff in a successful contempt application arising out of a breach of court orders (unled)
- Harris v Marubeni Equipment Finance (Oceania) Pty Ltd  VSCA 211 – acting for the respondent in successfully resisting an application for leave to appeal against custodial sentence (unled)
- Smart Family Day Care v Fresh Start Training and Consultancy (VCC) – successfully obtained summary judgment for the plaintiff (unled)
- Fuji United v Blue NRG (FCA) – successfully opposed application to set aside a statutory demand (unled)