Phone:+61 3 9225 7040
MOBILE:0417 509 585
Owen Dixon Chambers West
525 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Since reading with David Denton S.C. in 1995 Joanne's practice has been of a broad ambit with specific concentration in the following areas:
- Criminal Law- Magistrates' Court and County Court, trial and appeal work;
- Intervention Orders- defendant and applicant ;
- V.O.C.A.T- counsel assisting the Tribunal and appearing on behalf of the applicant;
- Family Law /De facto Law - property and parenting/children's issues - appearance and advice work;
- Guardianship and Administration- V.C.A.T. appearance and advice;
- General Commercial litigation.
Apart from the specific areas outlined above she has a particular interest in the areas of evidence, insurance and negligence law, which have been the subject of post graduate study.
Prior to signing the Bar Roll Joanne initially worked in private practice in the area of insurance litigation before joining the Office of Public Prosecutions. She was then appointed to the position of Assistant Legal Adviser to the Chief Commissioner of Police (V.G.S.O.) She remained in this position for approximately 6 years before transferring to the Legislation section of the Department of Justice. Whilst in that position she was responsible for criminal matters, censorship and the Bills introducing stalking, the extension of intervention orders, victim impact statements, body samples and contamination of products.
To get in touch with Joanne Piggott | or for more information please contact the Clerk on: +61 3 9225 7222 or firstname.lastname@example.org