Phone:+61 3 9225 7222
MOBILE:0412 565 149
Owen Dixon Chambers East
205 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Lauren practises in personal injury including public liability, medical negligence, workers compensation, transport accidents, coronial inquests, and statutory recoveries.
Lauren runs personal injury trials (led and unled). She also regularly appears in contested applications.
Recent cases include:
- Museums Victoria v Susnjara  VSCA 166, construction of ss134AB(21);
- Susnjara v Museums Victoria  VCC 1128, construction of ss 134AB(21);
- Muller v Klosed Pty Ltd & Ors  VSC 360, multi-defendant WorkCover damages trial (both heads);
- Gambian v Spotless Services & Anor  VCC 1407, WorkCover damages trial (both heads), appeared for the second defendant and case resolved against client during trial;
- Correa v He & Ors  VCC 679, public liability personal injury trial;
- McLeod v Mainfreight Distribution Pty Ltd  VCC 2012, WorkCover damages trial (both heads);
- Lloyd v Heathscope Limited  VCC 2032, WorkCover damages trial (both heads);
- Xu v Diver Foods Pty Ltd  VCC , WorkCover damages trial (both heads);
- Nunn v VWA  VCC 803, acted for the VWA and the serious injury application was dismissed;
- Aslan v TAC  VCC 388, transport accident case;
- Paiman v Victorian WorkCover Authority  VCC, serious injury application (unled);
- Gange v The State of Queensland  VSC 726, application to transfer police tort matter (unled);
- Payne v Australian Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Ltd  VCC 1485, security for costs application in a personal injury case (unled);
- Attanayake v Simplot Australia Pty Ltd, statutory benefits case (unled); and
- Porritt v Employment Innovations Pty Ltd & Anor (unreported, Magistrates’ Court of Victoria, Magistrate Wright, 12 March 2020) – multi-defendant statutory benefits case (unled).
Lauren is a strong negotiator, and acts in mediations and settlement conferences.
She also has a busy paperwork practice including advices and serious injury applications. Particularly:
- workers' compensation;
- medical negligence;
- public liability;
- transport accidents; and
- statutory recoveries.
Lauren acts for injured people and defendants. She is also on the preferred list of Counsel for the VWA, TAC, and OPP.
Before the bar, Lauren managed a multi-million-dollar personal injury class action brought by nearly 100 plaintiffs in addition to a large portfolio of individual actions at Lander & Rogers. And prior to that, she managed and ran cases for the VWA at Thomson Geer.
Lauren read with Dugald McWilliams and her senior mentor was James Gorton QC.
Please contact Lauren directly on her mobile, 0412 565 149 or via email, email@example.com.
You can send ebriefs with Greens List’s Green Cloud. Click here to sign up.
To get in touch with Lauren Burke | or for more information please contact the Clerk on: +61 3 9225 7222 or firstname.lastname@example.org