Peter is a Nationally Accredited Mediator.
Peter Caillard is a commercial barrister with extensive legal and commercial experience in Australia and overseas.
He accepts briefs to advise on or appear in a broad range of commercial matters including commercial and corporate law; administrative law; sport law; contracts; trade practices and negligence. His experience includes:
• Practise at Allens Linklaters (formerly Allens Arthur Robinson), prior to becoming Legal Counsel of Crown Casino Limited and then Group General Counsel/Company Secretary of Tabcorp Holdings Limited;
• Honours and Masters Degrees in Law, as well as Post Graduate qualifications from Harvard Business School and Nanjing University;
• the prestigious “Australian Corporate Lawyer of the Year” award by ACLA;
• former President Australian Corporate Lawyers Association (Vic); Member of Council Law Institute of Victoria (LIV) and member of LIV Ethics Committee; and
• Fellow Chartered Institute Company Secretaries, Fellow Governance Institute of Australia; Member Australian Institute Company Directors and Fellow Leadership Victoria.
Peter’s extensive legal skills and experience combined with his blue chip commercial and leadership experience makes him virtually unique in his ability to provide advocacy and advice with a commercial and business perspective. He has also been a Director of ASX Listed, private and not for profit companies and regularly lectures on ethics for the Leo Cussen Institute.