Sarah practices in commercial disputes, professional negligence, insolvency and banking disputes matters.
Before coming to the Bar, Sarah was a partner at a leading Australian insolvency law firm. Acting in both the State and Federal Courts, Sarah advised companies, financial institutions, insolvency practitioners, secured lenders and creditors in the areas of contract disputes, Australian Consumer Law, professional negligence of solicitors and accountants, banking litigation, debt recovery, security enforcement, voluntary administration, deeds of company arrangement, receiverships and liquidations.
Some of her matters as a solicitor included:
- Representing the Liquidators of a publicly listed group of companies that collapsed owing creditors in excess of AUD$2 billion.
- Jobern Pty Ltd v Breakfree Resorts (Victoria) Pty Ltd (2008) Aust Contract R 90-269: repudiation of contract, waiver and s 52, on trial and appeal.
- BCI Finances Pty Ltd (in liq) v Binetter & Ors  FCA 958; BCI Finances Pty Ltd (in liq) v Commissioner of Taxation (No 3)  FCA 958; BCI Finances Pty Ltd (in liq) v Commissioner of Taxation  FCA 898: Project Wickenby investigation; Freezing orders in relation to the proceeds of sale of business.
- Proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria, Supreme Court of New South Wales, Supreme Court of South Australia against accounting firms, valuers and solicitors in claims for breach of contract, tort, and breach of Australian Consumer Law.
- Virgtel Ltd v Zabusky  QSC 66: Search and Seizure and Freezing Orders, derivative proceedings for breach of directors’ duties.
- Strangio v Westpac Banking Corporation  FCA 1408; Aussie Vic Plant Hire Pty Ltd v County Court of Victoria & Anor  VSC 532: enforcement of securities and debt recovery.
- Spotless Group Ltd v Premier Building & Consulting Pty Ltd (Receivers Appointed) (2006) 16 VR 1: Waiver of legal professional privilege.
- Liquidators’ public examinations, including appearing in the High Court of Singapore.
Sarah is reading with Dr Paul Vout.