Yuliya is currently undertaking a PhD in international law at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, so her ability to accept briefs is limited. For enquiries about briefing Yuliya, please contact Yuliya’s clerk, Greens List Barristers.
Since coming to the Bar, Yuliya has practiced principally in criminal law. Yuliya has appeared in both summary and indictable criminal proceedings in all areas of criminal law, including:
- Offences against the person, including assault and causing injury;
- Sexual offences;
- Offences involving family violence;
- Drug offences including trafficking, cultivating and importation offences;
- Property offences, including theft and burglary;
- Financial offences, including fraud and obtaining financial advantage by deception;
- Driving and traffic offences;
- Offences involving a corporate accused;
- Offences under the Occupational Health and Safety Act2004(Vic);
- Offences under the Commonwealth Criminal Code1995(Cth).
Yuliya has also practiced in quasi-criminal areas, including intervention order proceedings, victims of crime (VOCAT) applications, and Coroners’ Court Inquests.
Yuliya has been awarded the Indictable Crime Certificate (ICC) and is on the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions (CDPP) External Junior Counsel Panel.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Yuliya practiced in international law. Yuliya spent time at the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia (ECCC) in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, and the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) in The Hague, The Netherlands, before returning to Melbourne and being called to the Victorian Bar.
Yuliya is also experienced in human rights law, both at the international and domestic levels. Yuliya has published articles in international academic journals on various areas of public international law.
Alongside her barrister’s practice, Yuliya has also lectured at the School of Law, Deakin University.
Yuliya read with Dr Theo Alexander and her senior mentor is Julian Burnside AO QC.
To get in touch with Yuliya Mik | or for more information please contact the Clerk on: +61 3 9225 7222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.