Australian Consumer Law and its application to personal injuryUnder consumption: the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) and its application to personal injury
Can you readily identify a claim where the ACL might apply
– supermarkets, WorkCover, private hospitals?
Does it apply only to corporations?
Are you familiar with the statutory defences under the ACL?
Do you know how damages are assessed under the ACL?
You no longer need to fear the unknown, as this CPD answers all those questions and many more, including addressing:
* the definitions of services, goods, manufacturers and deemed manufacturers
* statutory warranties
* contractual provisions that purport to exclude the ACL (and recreational activities)
* exclusions in WorkCover cases
* extraterritorial application of the ACL and overseas conduct
* contributory negligence
* interaction between the ACL and the Wrongs Act (in particular regarding general damages)