Phone:+61 3 9225 7222
MOBILE:0409 022 271
493-495 Little Bourke Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Abbie Roodenburg appears in trials, appeals, applications and inquiries in a broad range of areas including:
- Criminal law
- Occupational health and safety proceedings
- Environment law
- Serious offender proceedings
- Regulatory proceedings
- Disciplinary proceedings
- Coronial inquests.
Abbie conducts trials in the County Court and Supreme Court and appeals in the Court of Appeal for both prosecution and defence clients. Abbie holds an Indictable Crime Certificate (ICC) and, in 2019, was selected to take part in Victoria Legal Aid's Trial Counsel Development Program. She is also on the VLA Criminal Trial Preferred Barrister List.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Abbie worked as a solicitor at the Office of Public Prosecutions (OPP) for 12 years. Abbie has experience across all areas of criminal law and was involved in prosecuting cases of the highest complexity. Prior to the OPP, Abbie worked at Sharrock Pitman Legal, a suburban law firm practicing in a wide variety of legal disciplines. Abbie appeared and instructed in criminal law cases, disciplinary proceedings, commercial litigation matters and domestic building disputes.
Abbie also has a Bachelor of Science (Honours) majoring in Environmental Science and worked in that area from 2000 until 2002. From 2004 until 2005 she was a volunteer Solicitor at the Environment Defender’s Office.
- DPP v Hazelwood Power Corporation Pty Ltd  VSC 278 – junior to Sally Flynn QC (WorkSafe prosecution)
- DPP v Chard  VCC (rape trial)
- DPP v Snow (a pseudonym)  VSCA 67 - junior to Melissa Mahady
- DPP v Warren  VCC (historical sexual offences)
- Dennis Gill v The Queen  VSCA 92 – junior to Snr Crown Prosecutor Ray Gibson QC
- DPP v MacArthur  VSCA 71 – junior to DPP Kerri Judd QC
- DPP v Murat Davsanoglu  VSC – junior to Diana Piekusis QC (murder trial)
- DPP v David Grierson  VSC – junior to Peter Chadwick QC (murder trial)
- Victoria Police v LH – junior to Theo Kassimatis QC (historical sexual offences)
- Victoria Police v Setka & Reardon – junior to Ray Gibson QC (blackmail)
- DPP v Dennis Gill  VCC – junior to Prosecutor Angela Moran (historical sexual offences)
To get in touch with Abbie Roodenburg | or for more information please contact the Clerk on: +61 3 9225 7222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.