Phone:+61 3 9225 7222
MOBILE:0438 190 778
200 Queen Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Adam is a commercial barrister who specialises in tax disputes and advice.
Adam accepts briefs to appear for the Commissioner and taxpayers in state and federal jurisdictions.
Before coming to the Bar, Adam worked at the ATO preparing rulings for large private groups and advising ATO audit teams. His recent work focused on questions about the application of integrity and anti-avoidance rules in the context of complex business structures. Adam provides opinions about those rules as well as strategic advice about audit and ruling processes.
Adam also assists more generally with difficult audits, investigations, formal interviews, position paper responses, and objections. He is particularly interested in working with evidence to piece together complicated factual cases.
Adam’s broader experience includes:
- large transfer pricing audits (which also raised a range of other complex questions),
- instructing on the drafting of legislation (e.g., the expansion of the director penalty regime),
- major policy projects (e.g., the review into the taxation of trusts),
- secondments at Treasury and the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet,
- being a tax advisor in an accounting firm, and
- a range of leadership and management roles.
Adam’s priority is to understand his clients’ problems and resolve them efficiently.
Adam also practices across all areas of commercial law (particularly in bankruptcy and insolvency), equity and trusts, public and administrative law, criminal law, and family law.
Adam has a Master of Tax from the University of Melbourne and a Bachelor of Laws from Monash University. He also has a Bachelor of Arts with first class honours from the University of Melbourne.
To get in touch with Adam Craig | or for more information please contact the Clerk on: +61 3 9225 7222 or email@example.com
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.