Phone:+61 3 9225 7222
MOBILE:0433 124 057
460 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Brad practices in commercial disputes, insolvency and property matters.
Brad is a LIV Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation.
Since coming to the Bar, he has been:
- briefed to appear in a 3 day County Court trial for the recovery of a deposit pursuant to a Contract of Sale (settled before trial)(unled);
- briefed to prepare Statement of Claim and affidavits in support of an adverse possession application.
Before coming to the Bar, Brad practised as a solicitor for over 10 years. He practised in litigation for 6 years at B2B Lawyers, a boutique commercial law firm. There he gained broad experience in commercial disputes, insolvency, shareholder disputes, property disputes and trust matters. Before that he worked at the Victorian Government Solicitor’s Office and DLA Piper in property law.
Some of his recent matters as a solicitor included acting on behalf of:
- beneficiaries of a trust in an application for the replacement of a trustee under the Trustee Act;
- a company director in Supreme Court proceedings regarding a Barnes v Addy claim for knowing receipt.
- a purchaser of a business which was a defendant in a Supreme Court proceeding regarding a $5 mil claim for money owed under a Contract of Sale of Business and a counterclaim for misleading and deceptive conduct including a successful security for costs application.
- liquidators in relation to unfair preference claims and examinations under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- trustees in bankruptcy regarding voidable transactions and examinations under the Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Cth).
- clients in relation to contractual disputes, the preparation of statutory demands, winding-up applications, applications to set aside statutory demands, and general commercial litigation matters.
Brad is reading with Charles Shaw and his senior mentor is Michael Osborne QC.
To get in touch with Brad Parker | or for more information please contact the Clerk on: +61 3 9225 7222 or email@example.com
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.