Phone:+61 3 9225 7302
MOBILE:0449 181 152
460 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Bridget Slocum is a commercial disputes professional with a sub-specialty in insolvency. In addition to her 12 years of experience in Victoria, Bridget was a member of Counsel in New Zealand, commencing in March 2005.
Bridget represents a wide range of clients in commercial, trade practices, class actions and corporations disputes. As a solicitor, Bridget acted for the administrators and liquidators of the Timbercorp Group, the Willmott Group, Retravision Southern Group and Bob Jane’s Calder Park trading entities. Her extensive commercial litigation experience includes complex shareholder and director disputes, insurance litigation, regulatory prosecutions, class actions, taxation, administrative appeals, civil interlocutory disputes (discovery, subpoenas, freezing orders, security for costs and strikeout/summary judgment) and general contract disputes.
Bridget also has a wealth of experience advising insolvency practitioners, creditors and directors on all aspects of insolvency, including under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), theBankruptcy Act 1966 (Cth) and the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth), voidable transaction claims, contract, partner, shareholder and director disputes, securities enforcement, Court approval for the sale of distressed assets and maximising the recovery of personal debts.
As a member of Counsel, Bridget has appeared unled in Supreme Court trials and contested Summary Judgment and other Corporations and Bankruptcy Applications. Bridget has appeared as Junior Counsel in a number of larger disputes in the Federal and State and arbitral jurisdictions.
Bridget has also been briefed to draw Court documents, advise and appear in all State and Federal jurisdictions and at mediation concerning a wide range of commercial disputes, insolvency matters and examinations and is retained by the Victorian Office of Public Prosecutions for Proceeds of Crime work.
For a more detailed summary of Bridget's experience, please view my LinkedIn profile.
Recent cases include:
- Citigroup Pty Ltd v Jackman  VSC 545
- Australian Pipe & Tube Pty Ltd v QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (No 2)  FCA 1450
- Biondo v Baycorp Collections PDL (Australia) Pty Ltd & Anor  FCCA 1853
- Re Cyberduck Software Pty Ltd (In Liq) & Anor  VSC 122
- In re Asset HQ Australia Pty Ltd  VSC 98
- AAD Services Pty Ltd (In liq) v ALD Wholesale Pty Ltd &Ors (No 2)  VSC 99
- In re AAD Services Pty Ltd (No 1)  VSC 585
- In re Twenty-Seventh Android Pty Ltd (In Liquidation)  VSC 563
- Petersen Superannuation Fund Pty Ltd v Bank of Queensland Limited (No 3)  FCA 1842 (23 November 2018)
- Janezic v Official Receiver & Anor and Davidson v Official Receiver & Anor  FCCA 1153 (14 May 2020)
- Secatore, in the matter of Last Lap Pty Ltd (in liq) (No 3)  FCA 1289 (10 September 2020)
- Re Windows on the World Steel Windows Pty Ltd (In Administration  VSC 880.
- C&L International Holdings Pty Ltd v Goodin (Costs)  VSC 82
- Member of the Insolvency and Reconstruction Law Branch (VIC) of the Law Council of Australia.
- Member of the Advocacy Sub-Committee of the Women in Insolvency and Reconstruction in Victoria (WIRV).
- Member of the Australian Reconstruction Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
To get in touch with Bridget Slocum | or for more information please contact the Clerk on: +61 3 9225 7222 or email@example.com
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.