Phone:+61 3 9225 7302
MOBILE:0449 181 152
460 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Bridget Slocum is a commercial disputes professional with a sub-specialty in insolvency. Bridget has 16 years’ experience (including as Counsel in New Zealand and, prior to being called to the Bar, in private practice in Victoria).
Bridget represents clients across a range of industries in commercial, corporations, insolvency and trade practices disputes. Her extensive commercial litigation experience includes complex shareholder and director disputes, insurance litigation, regulatory prosecutions, general contract disputes, class actions and civil interlocutory disputes (including disputes concerning discovery, subpoenas, freezing orders, security for costs and strikeout/summary judgment applications).
Bridget also has a wealth of experience advising insolvency practitioners, creditors and directors on all aspects of the insolvency process, including in relation to matters arising under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth).
Bridget has appeared both led, and unled in the Supreme Court and Federal Court contested trials and applications and frequently appears for liquidators conducting public examinations to support their complex investigations. Bridget is also available to draw Court documents concerning a wide range of commercial disputes in all Australian jurisdictions. Bridget has been retained by the Victorian Office of Public Prosecutions for Proceeds of Crime work and also sits on the Disciplinary and Code of Conduct Tribunal for the Victorian Rugby Union.
For a more detailed summary of Bridget's experience, please view LinkedIn profile.
Recent cases include:
- Citigroup Pty Ltd v Jackman  VSC 545
- Australian Pipe & Tube Pty Ltd v QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (No 2)  FCA 1450
- Biondo v Baycorp Collections PDL (Australia) Pty Ltd & Anor  FCCA 1853
- Re Cyberduck Software Pty Ltd (In Liq) & Anor  VSC 122
- In re Asset HQ Australia Pty Ltd  VSC 98
- ·AAD Services Pty Ltd (In liq) v ALD Wholesale Pty Ltd &Ors (No 2)  VSC 99
- In re AAD Services Pty Ltd (No 1)  VSC 585
- In re Twenty-Seventh Android Pty Ltd (In Liquidation)  VSC 563
- Petersen Superannuation Fund Pty Ltd v Bank of Queensland Limited (No 3)  FCA 1842 (23 November 2018)
- Janezic v Official Receiver & Anor and Davidson v Official Receiver & Anor  FCCA 1153 (14 May 2020)
- Secatore, in the matter of Last Lap Pty Ltd (in liq) (No 3)  FCA 1289 (10 September 2020)
- Re Windows on the World Steel Windows Pty Ltd (In Administration  VSC 880.
- C&L International Holdings Pty Ltd v Goodin (Costs)  VSC 82
- Jane v Secatore (Liquidator), in the matter of Last Lap Pty Ltd (in liq)  FCAFC 108
- Member of the Insolvency and Reconstruction Law Branch (VIC) of the Law Council of Australia.
- Member of the Advocacy Sub-Committee of the Women in Insolvency and Reconstruction in Victoria (WIRV).
- Member of the Australian Reconstruction Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
To get in touch with Bridget Slocum | or for more information please contact the Clerk on: +61 3 9225 7222 or email@example.com
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.