Phone:+61 3 9225 7222
MOBILE:0408 996 877
Khai-Yin specialises in tax, trusts and commercial law, advising and appearing in matters concerning corporations, families and individuals on:
- Corporate tax - Capital/revenue distinction, Thin capitalisation, Debt/equity, Consolidation, General value shifting, Dividends, Private company deemed dividends
- Capital gains tax - Sales of business, shares or unit interests, Property transfers, Restructures, Liquidations, Share capital reductions, CGT rollovers including scrip for scrip, CGT small business concessions
- Trust law - Trust administration, distributions, resettlement and vesting, Trustee duties, Unit trusts, Discretionary trusts, Family trust elections
- International tax - Double tax treaties, Foreign exchange gains/losses, Controlled foreign companies, Transferor trusts, Withholding tax, Permanent establishment, Branch vs subsidiary, Profit repatriation, Source of income
- General - Tax losses, Commercial debt forgiveness, Capital allowance including treatment of acquisition costs, Part IVA
- Employment - Personal services income, Employee share schemes, Fringe benefits tax
- Indirect tax - Duties, Land Tax, GST
- Commercial - Contract disputes, Director duties, Debt recovery, Insolvency/Bankruptcy, Leases, Consumer law, Negligence
- Wills & Estates - Testamentary trusts, Charitable trusts, Testator's family maintenance
Khai-Yin has acted for manufacturing, mining, utilities, technology, multinational, Australian, American and Chinese clients. She has assisted in dealings with the Commissioner during litigation, objections, audits and private ruling requests.
Prior to her call to the Bar, Khai-Yin had over 7 years' tax experience. She is a Chartered Tax Adviser, Fellow of the Tax Institute of Australia, and holds a Master of Taxation from the University of Melbourne.
Since coming to the Bar, Khai-Yin has appeared at and advised on matters at the Supreme Court, County Court, Magistrates' Court, VCAT and Federal Circuit Court.
She is a committee member of the Women Barristers Association, and member of the Tax Bar Association, Commercial Bar Association, and Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Victoria.
To get in touch with Khai-Yin Lim | or for more information please contact the Clerk on: +61 3 9225 7222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.