Andrew advises and appears throughout Australia in commercial, administrative and other disputes including:
- construction, building regulation, engineering and technology (including domestic and international arbitration and litigated delay and defect claims, security of payment);
- town planning and environment (including land development) - advising and appearing in VCAT in permit application and enforcement matters for permit applicants, objectors, Councils and authorities;
- banking, finance, financial services and insurance (including relating to mortgages, security, share trading, financial advice, professional indemnity, D&O, life, TPD, income protection);
- energy and natural resources (in particular oil and gas, including domestic and international arbitration and disputes before the courts);
- contract and negligence (advising and appearing);
- Royal Commissions - including between 2013 and 2017 advising and appearing throughout Australia on behalf of individuals and institutions in the ongoing Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse and in 2017 acting as counsel assisting in the Royal Commission into the Protection and Detention of Children in the Northern Territory;
- AFL Tribunal and sports law - since 2011 appointed by the Australian Football League to act as counsel assisting the AFL Tribunal. In other codes and sports, representing players and clubs in investigations, conduct inquiries and litigation;
- coronial inquests - representing various corporations in a number of coronial inquests in New South Wales and Victoria regarding truck roll-overs, building collapses and other events;
- mediation - Andrew is a nationally accredited mediator and is regularly appointed to mediate construction, commercial, negligence and other disputes;
- parliamentary inquiries - including between June 2012 and November 2013 acting for a number individuals and institutions called before the Victorian Parliamentary Inquiry into the Handling of Child Sex Abuse by Religious and Other Organisations and in 2015 and 2016 in relation to the Inquiry into the CFA Training College at Fiskville;
- conducting investigations – including appointments to investigate professional conduct issues within workplaces or institutions (including abuse and bullying) and making findings and recommendations to management/leadership;
- disciplinary boards and merits review - appearing as counsel assisting a number of statutory tribunals and disciplinary boards of inquiry including the Building Practitioners Board and the Architects Registration Board. Also representing these bodies in merits review before VCAT and judicial review before the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal;
- Building Appeals Board - appearing in the Building Appeals Board in proceedings relating to the operation of the Building Act 1993 including protection works disputes, modification applications and disputes arising from building permits and building orders;
- regulatory crime - Andrew prosecutes and defends statutory offences brought by federal, state and local government, including Councils and statutory authorities.
Andrew is a nationally accredited mediator and is appointed to mediate commercial disputes.