Phone:+61 3 9225 6108
MOBILE:0411 102 662
271 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
David brings a wealth of strategic thinking, business and technology experience to dispute resolution. David provides nuanced advice to and advocacy for his clients, whether engaged as a mediator, arbitrator, expert determiner or other neutral evaluator. He brings unique business and technical knowledge and skills to the issues at hand as well as offering cost effective and flexible alternatives to conventional litigation through the Courts.
At the Bar, David has a strong practice in trusts, equity and probate - with a special interest in the intersection of technology and death law, including “digital assets”. This complements his strong advice practice and general commercial expertise in matters including business disputes, information technology and intellectual property.
David focuses on assisting parties to resolve disputes without (or soon after) issuing proceedings, achieving better outcomes and saving time and money.
David was a senior consultant and Managing Director of an Information Technology business, working with a diverse range of technologies, industries, development methodologies (including variants of waterfall and agile) and clients (including household names, governments and start-ups). He worked with, designed and understands hardware as well as software. He holds a B.Sc. (Computer Science, Monash) and remains up-to-date in his general knowledge of technology, including block chain and distributed ledgers.
David delivers various CPDs and guest lectures to bodies including Greens List breakfast briefings, Monash University (Electronic Workplace Law), various solicitor groups, Legalwise, and the Australian Taxation Institute. David has held the following notable memberships and post-nominals:
- Australian Computer Society, Certified Practising Member (CMACS, now MACS CP);
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Computer Society (MIEEE(CS));
- MCIArb – full Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London), accredited international and domestic arbitrator;
- NMAS – accredited mediator;
- PRI – practising member of the Resolution Institute;
- Melbourne Technology Engineering and Construction Chambers (MTECC);
- Professional Certificate in Arbitration (University of Adelaide);
- Victorian Society for Computers and the Law (VSCL);
- Intellectual Property Society of Australian and New Zealand (IPSANZ);
- Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP) – Digital Assets Special Interest Group.
To get in touch with David Sanders | or for more information please contact the Clerk on: +61 3 9225 7222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.