John is an experienced practitioner in the areas of Building, Construction, Commercial and Property law. He is also an Accredited Advanced Mediator with wide experience in all areas of mediation.
John Bolton is an effective Mediator who has published The Mediation Handbook and given many presentations on the topic. His extensive legal and ‘real life’ business expertise plus proven leadership ability have combined to provide him with unique skills to mediate disputes with intelligent and insightful perseverance.
John is also Chairman of a successful SME giving him hands on experience in commercial enterprises engaged in manufacturing, construction, importing and engineering in a wide range of industries.
John uses his extensive experience as mediator, barrister, managing director and business owner to quickly identify and understand the relevant issues in dispute, to appreciate each party’s position and to effectively facilitate a practical, fair and efficient resolution.
- Admitted to Practice Supreme Court of Victoria 1973
- Admitted to Practice High Court of Australia 1973
- Signed Victorian Bar Roll 1975
- Crown Counsel - Hong Kong 1981 - 1983
- Admitted to Practice Supreme Court of NSW 1984
- Vic. Bar Rep. VCAT Domestic Building List Users Group 2000 - 2006
- Victorian Bar Dispute Resolution Committee 2003 - 2006
- Accredited Mediator 1993
- Accredited Advanced Mediator 2006
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors 1996
- President - Building Disputes Practitioners Society 2003 - 2006
- President - Fluid Power Society of Victoria 2013 - 2015
- Vice President - Australian Fluid Power Society 2014 - 2015
- Chairman - Victorian Defence Alliance – Maritime 2013 - 2015
- Vice President - Villa Maria Society for the Blind Ltd. 1993 - 2006
- Past Member - Council of Management Master Builders Association (Vic) (MBAV)
- Past Chairman - MBAV Materials, Manufacturing & Supply Sector Group Committee
- Author of ‘The Mediation Handbook’
- Entitled and available to Mediate in all Australian States
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Commercial Matters
- Building & Construction
- Real Property
- Wills & Probate
- Family Provision
To get in touch with John Bolton | or for more information please contact the Clerk on: +61 3 9225 7222 or firstname.lastname@example.org