Justin Wheelahan practises in commercial law, intellectual property, and administrative law. He accepts briefs in all courts and tribunals. He has acted for corporations and directors in a range of commercial disputes and regulatory appeals. His recent cases include:
- Frugtniet v ASIC  HCA 16 (led by Michael O’Bryan QC);
- Flujo Holdings Pty Ltd v Merisant Company  FCA 594;
- FRX17 as litigation representative for FRM17 v Minister for Immigration and Border Protection VID 412/2018 and Ors (led by Geoffrey Watson SC);
- Frugtniet v MARA  HCATrans 157;
- MARA v Frugtniet  FCAFC 5;
- FRX17 as litigation representative for FRM17 v Minister for Immigration and Border Protection  FCA 63 (led by Julian Burnside QC);
- Marie Theresa Arthur as litigation representative for BXD18 v Minister for Immigration and Home Affairs VID412/2018 (led by Lisa De Ferrari SC);
- Callychurn v ASIC  FCAFC 137 (led by Michael O'Bryan QC); and
- Marasco v R  VSCA 85.
Justin has a background in the criminal law running complex indictable fraud trials for the defence and the prosecution. He has a Masters from Monash in IP, is a contributing author to LexisNexis's Patents, Trade Marks & Related Rights/Confidential Information, and teaches evidence at ACU. Justin is a reporter for the Victorian Reports, co-editor of the Victorian Bar News, and a member of IPSANZ, Commbar, the CBA and AIAL.
To get in touch with Justin Wheelahan | or for more information please contact the Clerk on: +61 3 9225 7222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.