Phone:+61 3 9225 6156
MOBILE:0422 021 099
Aickin Chambers 2309 200 Queen Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Roman has a broad commercial and equity practice at the Bar and appears in trial, appellate and interlocutory hearings across all jurisdictions.
He has particular expertise in technology, engineering and construction (TEC) litigation and is recognised in the 2019 and 2020 Doyle's Guide listing of recommended Construction & Infrastructure Junior Counsel in Victoria.
He also has expertise in complex multi-party litigation and arbitration involving issues of contract, property, equity, trusts and corporations law.
Examples of recent matters include:
- Building and Construction
- Acting for the head design and construction contractor of the West Werribee Salt Reduction Plant Project in Supreme Court of Victoria proceedings in connection with delay cost claims and allegations of defective works (ongoing) (with J Gleeson Q.C and R Craig).
- Acted for the Superintendent in the Lacrosse Docklands Apartment litigation concerning external cladding (with F Tiernan Q.C).
- Acted on behalf of a construction subcontractor in Supreme Court proceedings in a multi-million-dollar cladding dispute.
- Acted in arbitration and expert determination proceedings in connection with variation and defective works claims.
- Acted in a range of matters in VCAT’s Building and Property List at trial (e.g. Kyle v Wilson (Building and Property)  VCAT 544, Francis v Crespin (Building and Property)  VCAT 1498) and on appeal from VCAT (e.g. Crespin v Francis & Anor  VSC 277).
- Acted in proceedings under or in respect of Security of Payment legislation.
- Professional Negligence/Director’s Duties
- Acted on behalf of the auditors of an ASX listed company in the Supreme Court of Victoria in connection with professional liability claims.
- Acted in proceedings against a key company officer involving fiduciary and statutory duties and misleading and deceptive conduct claims.
- Acted in professional negligence proceedings concerning engineers, architects, building surveyors, and other professionals.
- General Commercial
- Acted in relation to multiple proceedings brought in connection with the Southern Star Observation Wheel in Victoria.
- Acted on behalf of a multinational manufacturer of electronic products in relation to complex product liability claims.
- Acted for and advised clients in a range of contract, partnership, trusts and Australian Consumer Law matters as well as property disputes involving adverse possession and easement claims.
- Inquiries, disciplinary boards and judicial review proceedings
- Appeared before a number of statutory tribunals and boards of inquiry including the Building Appeals Board, the Architects Tribunal, VCAT’s Legal Practice List and acted in judicial review proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Before coming to the Bar, Roman practised as a Senior Associate at Minter Ellison Lawyers.
He holds a Bachelor of Laws (with First Class Honours) and a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance).
To get in touch with Roman Rozenberg | or for more information please contact the Clerk on: +61 3 9225 7222 or email@example.com
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.