- Telephone: 9229 5030
- Mobile: 0421 554 585
- Fax: 9225 8485
- Chambers: Level 3, Dawson Chambers, 405 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Admitted to Practice: 22 April 2009
- Signed Victorian Bar Roll: 03 May 2012
- Also admitted in: New South Wales
Kane has a broad commercial and public law practice.
Some of the significant matters Kane has been briefed in since coming to the Bar include:
- Victoria v Tatts Group Limited  HCA 5 (High Court, contractual construction);
- Tabcorp Holdings Limited v Victoria  HCA 4 (High Court, statutory construction);
- Earglow v Newcrest Mining Ltd (Federal Court, shareholder class action, settled subject to court approval);
- Note Printing Australia Ltd v Leckenby (2015) 106 ACSR 147 (Victorian Court of Appeal, construction of a deed of indemnity);
- Melbourne City Investments Pty Ltd v UGL Limited (2015) VSC 540 (Supreme Court of Victoria, shareholder class action);
- Intralot Australia Pty Ltd v State of Victoria (2015) VSC 407 (Supreme Court of Victoria, lottery licence dispute);
- Trade Union Royal Commission;
- Kelly & Ors v Willmott Forests Limited (in liq) (Federal Court, class action arising out of a failed managed investment scheme);
- Asahi Holdings (Australia) Pty Ltd v Pacific Equity Partners Pty Limited  FCA 998 (Federal Court, misleading or deceptive conduct in sale of a business).
Prior to coming to the Bar, Kane worked as a solicitor at Herbert Smith Freehills and was associate to Justice Whelan at the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Kane holds an LLM from the University of Sydney and LLB (Distinction) and BA (Hons) from the University of Western Australia. He has published several papers in peer reviewed journals, including the Company and Securities Law Journal and the Griffith Law Review.