- Telephone: 9225 7042
- Mobile: 0411 088 720
- Fax: 9225 8485
- Chambers: Level 9, Room 26, Owen Dixon Chambers West
- Admitted to Practice: 24 August 2007
- Signed Victorian Bar Roll: 30 April 2015
Peter Hamilton practises across all areas of personal injury, medical negligence and tort law.
Peter enjoys strategic thinking, negotiations, drafting pleadings and court work.
His previous roles include:
1. Senior Associate at Wotton + Kearney;
2. Associate at Norton Rose (now Norton Rose Fulbright);
3. Solicitor at DLA Phillips Fox (now DLA Piper); and
4. working in London at insurance firm Berrymans Lace Mawer (now BLM).
Peter started his career in a Sydney firm acting for plaintiffs in personal injury claims.
In 2013, Peter graduated from the Master of Laws programme at Monash University, completing one of his subjects at Humboldt University, Berlin. Peter also studied advanced tort law, medical and health law, evidence law, freedom of information law and advocacy.
As a solicitor, Peter handled matters in all courts in Victoria and interstate, instructing in several trials in the Supreme and County Courts, including Hudspeth v Scholastic Cleaning.
As Senior Associate at Wotton + Kearney, Peter appeared at all mediations for his clients and regularly appeared at applications, directions hearings and judgments (including in the Court of Appeal). He also drafted countless pleadings.
Peter is reading with Aine Magee. His senior mentor is David Curtain QC.