Phone:+61 3 9225 7222
MOBILE:0421 756 041
Owen Dixon Chambers West
525 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Stephanie has a broad commercial and civil litigation practice with extensive experience in the areas of contractual disputes, franchising, professional negligence, torts, insurance, retail leasing disputes and banking law.
Stephanie has experience appearing before the Magistrates' Court, the County Court, the Supreme Court and the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal. She also has gained significant experience appearing in interlocutory matters, including:
- summary judgment;
- jurisdictional challenges;
- security for costs;
- pleadings and discovery applications;
- setting aside default judgments;
- seeking to oppose applications to set aside default judgments; and
- enforcement proceedings.
Stephanie also accepts paperwork briefs, with experience drafting pleadings, advices and submissions.
Stephanie provides clients with clear advice and practical, commercial resolutions to legal issues.
Stephanie practised as a solicitor for almost a decade before joining the Bar.
Previously, she was a Senior Associate at Lander & Rogers in the General Insurance team. She acted in a wide range of insurance matters including:
- on behalf of a defendant accounting company in multiple proceedings in different jurisdictions issued by victims of a fraud perpetrated by a former employee;
- managed investment scheme class action proceedings in the Federal Court; and
- the prosecution by ASIC of directors of a managed investment scheme in the Supreme Court.
Prior to that, Stephanie was a Senior Associate at TressCox in that firm’s Insurance and Commercial Litigation team. Stephanie acted in a range of professional indemnity claims including on behalf of law firms and an accounting firm.
Stephanie also worked as a litigation solicitor at Russell Kennedy Lawyers, acting on behalf of:
- a plaintiff company in the arbitration of a commercial litigation matter;
- plaintiffs in a class action in the Federal Court;
- members of Victoria Police, defending against a plaintiff claiming damages in respect of allegations of false imprisonment, assaults, malicious prosecution, and defamation; and
- various organisations in coronial inquests.
Prior to studying a Bachelor of Laws (Monash), Stephanie completed a Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Monash). This was followed by a Master of Laws (Monash).
Stephanie is a native French speaker. She spent 10 years living on the French Riviera having completed her French Scientific Baccalauréat before returning to study at Monash University in Melbourne. Stephanie is a Committee Member of the French Australian Lawyers Society (FALS).
Stephanie read with Simon Pitt and her senior mentor is Roisin Annesley QC.
To get in touch with Stephanie Scully | or for more information please contact the Clerk on: +61 3 9225 7222 or email@example.com
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.